Sunday, April 22, 2007

 

Fitting the canopy frame.

Its time to start fitting the canopy frame. In the pictures that follow I have done little work yet, but I find myself wondering If VANS sent me a frame for a Wright Flyer or Airbus 380. it does not appear to have a whole lot to do with an RV4!

This picture is of the rear right corner. Here the fit is not too bad.




This is left rear. The frame leaves a significant space. Somehow it will need bending back without changing the fit on the opposite side. The bow was too narrow but it was quite easy to pull that out an extra 3/16th or 1/4 inch.





This picture is front left. The bow as you can see is not high enough in the center and needs to be pulled back a little.




This is front right. You cant really see it in the picture but the bow is sitting so low it is blocking usable panel space. It is also too far in, so the corner has to come out, and up.







This picture shows the other problem. The whole structure is about .25" too narrow. I will have to split the central frame; the plans allow for that.

I will possibly also have to split the front bow which is more scary!
As you can see here the front part is bent in much too tightly and sits too low.














I will be pleased when this all matches up because it would be an expensive part to damage. I see a difficult week ahead.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?