Wednesday, September 13, 2006

 

I plan to Glue the Canopy on.

Together with the 'Finish Kit', I have ordered Sikaflex products from Jamestown Distributors, since I think I will glue the canopy on. Nearer the time I might bottle out, but others have reported excellent results with this approach. If you want to see more information on this take a look at this wiki

My reason for going this route is that it always seems to me that the drilled holes are always a risk. I prefer the idea of continuous attachment and also feel it should be more waterproof. Like most RV my -9A leaked around the frame.

Comments:
There has been quite a bit of disccussion about sikaflex on the RV In Australia Yahoo forum. I will see if I can fing the most pertinant comments and forward them on. I have used Sika on automotive work and the stuff is brilliant. It must be used as per spec though.

Cheers Mark
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?